Are you considering a root canal treatment? Root canal treatment is used to treat inflamed or dead pulp. Pulp is the soft tissue in the middle of the tooth and it is composed of nerves, connective tissue and blood vessels.
In this article, we will look at the following in more detail:
- What is a Root Canal Treatment?
- How do you know if you need root canal treatment?
- What is the Best Method in case you require treatment?
What is a Root Canal Treatment?
Root Canal Treatment (RCT) is the procedure that treats the pulp of the tooth. Endodontics is a specialty in dentistry which deals with the pulp and surrounding tissues.
An endodontist or a general dentist can perform the procedure depending on the severity and complexity of the problem. Endodontists are dental professionals who have completed multiple years of training in root canal treatment.
Although a general dentist is qualified to perform a root canal procedure, they may refer patients to an endodontist for more complex cases.
This procedure involves removing the dental pulp and sealing the area. It is designed to prevent future bacterial infections.
If you need this treatment, our dentist will be able to help. When you need a root canal treatment, make sure to choose an experienced and qualified professional. Klinika Dental Clinic has dentists trained in performing painless root canal treatment in Dubai.
How do you know if you need a root canal?
Many things can cause damage to the pulp of your teeth. If the pulp is infected or damaged, you will feel pain in the affected area.
Sometimes, infections can be almost asymptomatic, thus it would be hard to tell whether you’re infected or not.
The following are some of the most frequent reasons you might need a root canal treatment:
- Toothache is a common sign of the need for a root canal treatment. This type of pain is very specific. Extreme sensitivity to cold and hot foods may occur if the affected tooth still hasn’t been removed. Even after you consume drinks or food, you can still feel sensitivity. You could also feel pain in the middle of or late at night, even if you haven’t consumed any food or drinks.
- A root canal treatment might be necessary if a tooth is abscessed or dead.
- Another reason for pulp injury is trauma. The nerves can be damaged if a tooth is struck with great force. This can lead to pulp damage.
What is the Best Method for Root Canal Treatment?
Our dentists will be able to recommend the best treatment for your root canal. To determine if you need a root canal, our dentist will take a digital x-ray.
The treatment will be performed if the test results show that the problem is severe. A single appointment can take up to 90 minutes.
Our dentist will first numb the area. A rubber dam will be placed over the tooth. Then, the dentist will make an opening at the top of the affected tooth to remove the pulp. After cleaning the area, our dentist will seal the area with an artificial substance.
If you are looking for the best root canal treatment in Dubai, Klinika Dental Clinic is the right place to go for a root canal treatment or other dental procedures.
Klinika Dental Clinic provides a wide range of dental services to help you and your family keep healthy teeth. We are the most recommended and trusted dentist in Dubai.