Dental Crowns Treatment in Dubai: The Complete Guide
Dental crowns have become a popular treatment in Dubai in recent years. It’s amazing to imagine that a crown-shaped cap is placed on a damaged tooth to give it a perfect shape and function.
A dental crown treatment might be required to improve the appearance of both the front and back teeth. Crowns may be used for cosmetic reasons or functional restorations and in some cases both. However, cosmetic factors are more important than functional issues if the problem is in the front teeth.
Patients are usually more worried about the outcome of a crown placed on a front tooth. They tend to be more concerned about the treatment including the materials and the process. This article will discuss how a dental crown is placed.
What are Dental Crowns Made of?
To understand the problems associated with the crown placed by a dentist, it is important to be familiar with the materials used to make crowns. There are four types of crowns.
- Porcelain crowns look natural and are very attractive.
- Zirconia crowns are made from ceramic and can be used to mimic your natural teeth. They also have high durability and strength.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns are crowns with porcelain outside and metal inside. This crown provides both aesthetics and strength for the patient. The dark metal line might appear as the gum recedes. This would not be aesthetically pleasing.
- Gold metal crowns are more stable and can last a lifetime, many patients might not like the look of a bright-colored tooth.
Dental Crown on Front Tooth
Crowns are often thought to be used only for improving smiles. However, crowns can also be used to treat injuries or other conditions. While a beautiful smile and improved shape are great motivations, front teeth also have important functions such as cutting food and improving speech.
A crown is necessary for a front tooth that has large cracks, severe decays or was damaged by stroke or trauma.
There are four possible options for dental crowns that can be used on molar teeth. Patients have the option to make a decision based on aesthetics, durability, cost and other factors. When it comes to the front teeth, however, aesthetic concerns are more important. For example, gold crowns may not be a good idea as they might not look the same as your natural teeth. Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns are also risky as the metallic-colored line might be visible in time. Patients prefer porcelain crowns over zirconia or metal-fused crowns, which offer greater resilience.
Patients are sometimes concerned about the durability and strength of non-metallic crowns (porcelain or zirconia). It isn’t a big deal because front teeth are used for cutting and tearing food and therefore are not subject to as intense pressure as back teeth. A zirconia crown can be used on your front tooth for up to 20 years.
Front Tooth Dental Crown Procedure
These are the steps for dental crowns:
- You will be receiving anesthesia.
- The dentist will file the sides of the tooth then will take a mould.
- The dentist will place a temporary crown onto the tooth.
- The laboratory receives the mould of the tooth.
- The temporary crown is then replaced with the permanent one within a few days.
Front Tooth Dental Crown Cost
Although metal and partially metal crowns are less expensive than porcelain crowns, our dentist will recommend that you get zirconia or porcelain crowns for your front teeth. These crowns are more costly but they can be very similar to your natural teeth. The Dental Crown Cost in Dubai depends depends primarily on the material used among other factors.
Dental crowns are a quick and easy way to fix many problems with your teeth. Although crown treatment is more common on the back teeth, it can still produce outstanding results on the front teeth. The crowns applied to the front teeth are used for cutting and tearing. They don’t need to be as strong or durable as molars. You can also consider porcelain and zirconium as more artistic crown options. Our dentist will help you make the right decision.